Welcome to the Couture Seamstress
Although we provide all types of alterations, our specialty is bridal alterations. Below are some great reasons you should call today for your free consultation.
- Competitive Pricing
- FREE Initial Alteration Consultations
- Professional Business Establishment
- High Quality with Attention to Details
- And, peace of mind knowing your dress is with someone who truly cares and has the experience to do the work!
How much do bridal gown alterations cost?
There really are no definitive answers to the costs of bridal alterations. Prices vary depending on the seamstress, the dress, how quickly you need the alterations done, etc. When working with a bridal gown there are a lot of things to consider when giving a price for making the adjustments that need to be done. Remember, your best option is to make a consultation appointment. You won't know exactly what it is going to cost until you take that first step.
Tips for bridal alterations.
- Shop around. We give FREE quotes, so feel free to look around. Remember, cheaper isn't always better.
- There is no good way to get a price quote over the phone.
- Beading and lace will always cost more. So will the number of layers of the dress.
- Bring your shoes and undergarments with you. To every appointment!
- Bring a max of two people with you.
- Get a solid final price before allowing someone to start work on your gown.
- Book 3 months in advance, if you can, to ensure a slot with us!
- Let us know if you need a veil, we can help you design the perfect one!
- Enjoy this time. Don't stress. Everything will come together. You will look fabulous when it is all done!
The Wedding Gown Alterations Process
You’ve ordered the perfect dress! It has finally arrived; but guess what - it needs to be altered! Don't take the scissors to it! Let us work our magic!.
Remember, this is your dress and you have a choice of who you work with. Our consultations are free for a reason, so you can shop around if you choose. You do not need to use the seamstress at the bridal gown store or even the recommendation your bridal store gives you. Use the seamstress that you feel best about and are comfortable with, to ensure a great experience!
Step 1: Setting up your Initial Consultation - this appointment is FREE!
Call to book an appointment. Our time slots fill up quickly. We recommend coming in 12-14 weeks prior to your wedding. However, if you have or need a different time-line, just give us a call and we will do our best to work something out! If you have an emergency, and need something done quickly, please call to see if an appointment is available. Again, we will try to fit you in if at all possible; however, these rush jobs may include additional costs.
Appointments are available 7 days a week, late nights and weekends, by appointment. Remember, these are premium spots that lots of girls want, so booking in advance can help you secure one of those slots! Please make a note, all appointments MUST be made a minimum of 48 hours in advance; however, our current available bookings are approximately 2 1/2 weeks in the future. Turn around times will vary depending on the items and what is needed, but expect a simple alteration on every day garments to take about 1 week. Bridal alterations will take from 4-12 weeks, again, depending on what needs to be done.
Step 2: Your Initial Consultation/Fitting
Please be sure to make your scheduled consultation. During this initial consultation you will get into your wedding gown and we will go over everything that needs to be done. We will give you an EXACT price quote at this time. If you choose to leave your wedding gown with us, we will pin you up. You will receive a follow up appointment to come back, as well!
Some things to bring to all of your appointments:
- Dress (obvious right? But you would be surprised!)
- Checkbook, cash or credit card (Credit Card or Cash Preferred!)
- Camera – pictures are worth a 1000 words! You’ll want to cherish this time with your mother or friends and remember it always.
Please remember – limit your friends or family members to 2. The seamstress will need your attention to be sure everything is what you expect.
Step 3: Follow Up Fittings
At your first actual fitting (2nd time seeing us) you will get back into the dress. This fitting is to be sure the measurements were correct, and to make any additional changes that may need to be taken care of. Please anticipate coming back at least one more time.
Always remember as you come in for your fittings:
- bring your shoes, undergarments, and checkbook or credit card.
- Not too many people. While it is exciting, remember the seamstress needs your attention. Limit to 2 extra people.
Step 4: Pressing/Steaming/Taking the Dress Home!
Taking the dress home! Your wedding gown has been altered and is ready to go home with you. Please remember, the alterations must be paid in full before you will be allowed to leave with the garment. You'll need to try it on one final time. Remember to bring your shoes and undergarments.
Some things to consider at this point:
- Getting the dress home. Make sure you have enough room in your car for your dress!
- Pressing/Steaming. We do press the parts of the dress we work on, but your dress may still need to be fully pressed or steamed out. Make arrangements as close to your wedding date as possible.
Step 5: Pictures and Feedback
Give us feedback on how we have done! If you have any comments or issues please email and let us know. We are continuously trying to improve as a small family owned business and we love your feedback!
Also, do not forget to SEND US PICTURES!!! You can email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org